Join Our CSA Program
We are pleased to offer our community a CSA box program. Now accepting members for our 2019 program.
What is a CSA
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. Becoming an Earth Haven Farm CSA member gives you a direct relationship with us, your farmers. Your membership provides you with much more than the weekly joy of receiving ultra-fresh, organic and locally grown produce. It provides you with education, the opportunity to try new food, and pride in the knowledge that you are reducing your environmental footprint and directly contributing to sustainable, local, organic farming while helping to support the next generation of farmers.
The Earth Haven Farm CSA program is an experience that includes:
- A weekly or bi-weekly box of freshly harvested organic produce, containing 7-12 items, depending on share size. Produce will change throughout the growing season.
- Small Size - suitable for a single person or couple with minimal produce requirements. The average work of the small share size is $20.
- 9 week, bi-weekly program = $190
- 18 week, weekly program = $380
- Medium Size - ideal for the vegetarian, a couple or a small family. The average worth of the medium share size is $30.
- 9 week, bi-weekly program = $280
- 18 week, weekly program = $560
- Large Size - ideal for the family that loves their greens, vegetarians, juicers, cooks and people that like to entertain. Large share sizes can be pre-ordered for specific weeks and would be worth $40. (You would pay an extra $10 for the share that week). Contact Aric or Emily to order
How Our CSA Works
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) shares give you a direct connection to the local farm where your vegetables are grown and with the farmer who grows them. They also give you fresh, delicious, organic produce throughout the growing season.
By buying shares of the future harvest while the ground is still frozen, you allow us to purchase the seeds and equipment needed in the spring. Once the season begins, usually by mid-June, we harvest fresh vegetables for you to enjoy each week or bi-weekly if preferred up until the end of the season, usually by mid-October.
Shareholders thus agree to share the risks as well as the bounty of the harvest, allowing farmers to focus on growing – that is what we do best!
Shares are harvested weekly for 18-20 weeks starting approximately by mid-June. You will be notified as soon as crops are ready for harvesting and pick-up. Members are encouraged to bring their own bags, baskets or containers to take the bounty home. Each week the contents of the share change based on what is in season.
Payment is required at the time you sign up to become a member. We accept cash, cheque or e-transfer. Installments can be arranged.
Additions to Your CSA Box
Over and above your CSA box, any of the items listed under the "For Sale" list on our website can be ordered to go into your box. These items must be paid for in advance by e-transfer or by cash on the day of pick-up. Items are pending availability and include beef, pork, eggs, preserves, flours, dried beans, ground white corn, and herbal teas. All items are pending availability. Contact Aric or Emily to make additions to your order.
To sign up for our 2019 CSA program, complete the form below or Contact Us with your questions. We will get back to you promptly with details, payment, and answer any of your questions.
Earth Haven Farm CSA Membership Sign-Up Form