Our food sovereignty project was a great success last year, so we will be offering this event again this coming year and invite you to come out and learn about how to plant, grow and harvest a three sister's garden (corn, beans, squash).
At the end of the season you will be able to take away part of the harvest along with seeds to grow your own garden or share with others.
The goal is to grow food, seeds, knowledge, and community while contributing to developing food sovereignty. We hope to inspire people to grow food together in their own communities, to participate in regenerative agriculture that fosters a reconnection with mother earth and each other.
Through taking part in the lifecycle of the three sister's garden, participants will be sharing the work and the harvest together.
- Sunday, May 21 - Orientation Day
- Sunday June 18 - Building Beds and Planting
- Monday, June 19 - Building Beds and Planting
- Sunday, July 23 - Maintaining the Vision
- Monday, July 24 - Maintaining the Vision
- Sunday, August 20 - Commune and Fortify
- Sunday, October 1 - Harvest
- Monday, October 2 - Harvest
- Sunday, November 12 - Preparation and Preparedness